DIABETIC FOOT ONTARIO
Our experienced team of professional podiatrists is proficient at diagnosing, treating, and working to prevent any diabetes-related foot complications. Through our robust diabetes management program, we are able to better understand and comprehend the complications of the disease to devise diabetic foot treatment in Riverside.
At Empire Foot and Ankle Center, we provide diabetic patients with a wide range of treatments and therapies, including educational, surgical, and non-surgical options. It helps them in keeping their feet healthy and preventing diabetic foot complications.
SPECIALISTS IN TREATING DIABETIC FOOT COMPLICATIONS
People with diabetes are vulnerable to foot complications because of the nerve damage that causes vascular disease, leading to loss of sensation, blocking off blood flow, and stopping the healing process. The diabetic foot complications mean that even minor foot problems such as ingrown toe nails, scrapes, blisters, and cuts can get severely infected ulcers.
It is for this reason that people with diabetes often end up losing their feet, legs, or toes if they are negligent. Also, the change in the shape of the feet can lead to a similar foot condition called Charcot foot. If you feel even the slightest of issues, do not hesitate to contact us for a diabetic foot in Riverside.
Our specialists work to avoid these complications and appropriately treat them when they occur so that you are safe from the complications that result.
- use of specialist dressings, healing, and pressure-relieving methods and treatments
- removing of dead tissue when healing wounds
- providing casts for Charcot foot or injuries
- proper management and treatment of diabetic fractures
- collaborating with orthotics for recommending you insoles and footwear
- working in a multidisciplinary team of diabetes, orthopedic, and vascular consultants
- access and guidance from radiology and microbiology teams
We offer the following preventive measures for diabetic foot pain in Riverside. These include:
- check your feet carefully every day for cuts, scrapes, ingrown toenails, blisters, and other problems
- managing and monitoring your glucose levels
- wearing socks with shoes
- washing and drying your feet daily
- ensuring blood flow to the feet and legs
- keeping your feet from getting too hot or too cold
- cutting your toenails straight across
- get your feet checked by a specialist
Individuals with diabetes should consult a specialist on time in case they develop any issue with their feet, no matter how small and negligible
Getting timely and appropriate assessment and treatment of diabetic foot is essential to save yourself from diabetic foot surgery in Riverside in case of complications. Empire Foot And Ankle Center treats the following issues with utmost care:
- wound care and monitoring
- surgery for any kind of complication